This past week at the Joe Andruzzi Foundation (JAF), we’ve given significant thought to how to manage the impact of COVID-19 on our organization and the cancer patients and families we serve. I’d like to share some updates of how JAF is addressing this crisis:
- JAF continues to receive and process Financial Assistance applications to provide much-needed relief to patients.
- The team and I are communicating closely with our healthcare partners and nonprofit peers as we look to understand all aspects of how COVID-19 is impacting cancer patients and how we can best work together during the pandemic.
- We know that access to money for food and transportation is one of the most urgent issues impacting cancer patients right now. Most families facing cancer are already limited in terms of income, often being reduced to one salary in the household. With COVID-19’s economic disruption causing layoffs and furloughs, the income of many families has now been reduced to zero.
- Many of you know that JAF had several events planned this Spring; however, in light of the pandemic we have made the decision to:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the decision to postpone the 12th annual Joe Andruzzi & Friends Golf Tournament until August 24, 2020. We look forward to gathering at the beautiful Black Rock Country Club in Hingham, Massachusetts with our supporters later this summer.
- Cancel all other JAF events through June 30, 2020
- We did not undertake the decision to cancel events lightly, as it results in a direct impact to JAF’s revenue and the funding for our Financial Assistance Program. Please consider helping patients by making a gift today HERE. No amount is too small and the collective support from our community will create a lifeline for patients during treatment.
- JAF will be utilizing our social channels to provide program updates, virtual activities, mission stories, and information. Our goal is to be a resource and provide connectivity to our constituents.
During this difficult time, we can sometimes lose ourselves in the darkness. I ask you to join me and choose to see the light. The light of hope, unity, and strength which brings me comfort that we will get through this together. We are here for you, so please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support and for being a part of the Joe Andruzzi Foundation’s community.
President and CEO