Creative Design Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, the Creative Design Manager will manage development and execution of Foundation’s design and branding work, as well as improve visibility and marketing of the organization as a unique, trustworthy, and impactful non-profit in New England. The Creative Design Manager will serve as the Foundation’s graphic designer (print and digital), overseeing the application, use, and quality of JAF’s brand and content with the goal of increasing engagement across all communication platforms, enhancing digital presence, and maintaining consistency.
The Creative Design Manager is also the website administrator, working to ensure content and photos are current, relevant, appealing, and accurate so it positively reflects JAF’s mission. The Creative Design Manager will oversee an external vendor on regular site updates, navigation, as well as troubleshooting platform issues as needed.
In addition, the Creative Design Manager will create and ensure effective and engaging communications and social media content, always staying current on social media trends and tools. This work will be supported by the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Print and digital media creative
- Website administrator (WordPress)
- Social media content and creative
- E-mail and newsletter creatives
- Video creation and editing (short form content/promos/recaps)
- Brand management
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as primary graphic designer and/or overseeing external design firms as needed
- Updating and maintenance of JAF’s website
- Work with Vice President of Marketing Communications on branding strategy, creative projects, photo/video work, and work with graphic design firms, and publishing vendors as appropriate
- Work with digital/PR agencies, manage/leverage digital measurement & monitoring services (i.e. JAF Google Analytics, Union Metrics) to make informed, strategic, data-driven decisions
- Create and/or edit multimedia content – including videos, images, and infographics – for the JAF website, social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), monthly newsletters, eblasts, and other appropriate outlets
- Ensuring consistency in designs and content across all company platforms
- Responsible for organization and archival of all creative elements
- Support internal team members on creative print, digital, video needs
- Three to five years relevant professional graphic design/digital media experience (agency or corporate setting, or non-profit equivalent)
- A strong understanding of visual composition and design fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of online marketing, marketing channels, website management, digital/social content production, digital fundraising (knowledge of web traffic analysis a plus!)
- Strong, working knowledge of design software and desktop publishing tools, including Canva, InDesign, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and WordPress required
- Experience with WordPress, website management tools and Google Analytics required
- Proficiency in video editing skills, iMovie/Final Cut, and/or equivalent/relevant software and platforms) preferred
- Experience with Mailchimp and Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with assisting across departments and strategizing on projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize, plan, and develop processes
- Effective project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with the ability to work independently, as well as be a good team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in digital design, graphic design, or a related field required
- Portfolio of previous design work to showcase experience and creativity
- Continuous remaining in a stationary position, particularly, but not limited to, at a desktop computer with repetitive use of hands/arms, concerning to typing, writing, phone and computer use
- Occasional periods with high volume work with tight deadlines operating under a fast pace
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, including some evening and/or weekends is required
- Ability to lift and/or move a minimum of 25 lbs. and must be able to stand for long periods of time
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday with some weekend/evenings required (work schedule can be shifted to accommodate for evening hours)
The benefits package includes paid time off for vacation and health, as well as ten paid holidays. JAF offers group medical insurance, medical and dependent care spending accounts, and 100% employer-paid disability and life insurance. Upon eligibility, JAF also offers a 401k retirement plan with an employer matching contribution.
The ideal candidate will apply knowing that their work at the Foundation will contribute to a mission that positively impacts cancer patients and their families throughout New England in meaningful ways that have the ability to change outcomes. Also, that this organization is a team in every sense of the word. We are collaborative, respectful, supportive, inclusive, and fun! Days can be long, busy, and fast-paced, but we value proper work-life balance, knowing rejuvenation and self-care allow our organization to receive your best work.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.