Sr. Manager of Events
Hybrid (in-office/WFH until January 2022, then to be reassessed)
The Joe Andruzzi Foundation (JAF) serves New England cancer patients who are experiencing financial and emotional stress due to a cancer diagnosis. Cancer-driven income loss, and rising out-of-pocket costs, can leave families laboring to cover their everyday needs. Research links this economic strain – Financial Toxicity – with poorer health outcomes. Because bills cannot be left unpaid due to a diagnosis, the JAF Programs help alleviate financial stress to assist with rent/mortgage payments, utilities, food, and other essential household expenses, so that patients and families can focus on accessing cancer care and the fight to get well.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Events, this position is a part of the Development team. S/he will support the Sr. Manager of Events with large-scale events, athletic activities, third-party fundraisers. S/he will focus on event logistics, auction fundraising, registration and guest management, volunteer staffing and training, and other duties as assigned. The Event Coordinator will be an essential team member in the successful execution of the Foundation’s signature events such as the annual gala, golf tournament, Team JAF activities (Boston Marathon and Falmouth Road Race), and third-party events.
The Event Coordinator will have a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
Events Planning and Operations
- Support the Sr. Manager of Events for each signature and community events, including the external vendors JAF will partner with to reach event objectives and fundraising goals for the fundraiser (i.e., event planner, auction, graphic designer, auctioneer)
- Day-to-day administration of events and programs including placing orders, BEO review, monitoring vendors, travel planning, facilitating attendees, monitoring registration, tracking RSVPs, answering questions, and resolving issues
- Serve as primary staff member responsible for gala and golf auction, including procurement and organization of all items, auction descriptions, donor thank you letters, redemption certificates
- Assist Sr. Manager of Events with Basecamp project management for each signature and community event, inviting internal and external people who have roles and responsibilities for the project
- Collaborate with Development staff to build invitation lists and develop event themes/directions
- Work closely with the Development Operations Manager to ensure all event information goes into Salesforce and that technology and systems are in place to acknowledge donors and sponsors/partners quickly and appropriately, and volunteers for their support
- Oversee all efforts to assure smooth day-of-event production and attendee experience, including registration, volunteer training, securing sites, securing permits, menu selection, event staging, and all related actions
Team JAF Activities
- Assist Sr. Manager of Events with execution of plans for each athletic event, including the external vendors JAF will partner with to reach the activity’s objectives and fundraising goals (i.e., running coach, signature apparel, graphic designer)
- Work closely with the Development Operations Manager tracking athlete fundraising progress and acknowledging gifts
- Work closely with Sr. Manager of Events to coordinate and order all apparel, customized for each Team JAF event, as needed
- Support third-party hosts with needed information, materials, or questions.
- Support Sr. Manager of Event with attending Support third-party when applicable
*Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Four-year degree (or equivalent applicable work experience)
- Development professional with a minimum of three years of successful experience in event planning and execution
- High energy and passion for JAF’s mission is essential
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, ability to engage, inspire, build credibility, and engender trust with diverse audiences, which includes the ability to build committees and councils, negotiate, and resolve conflicts effectively while preserving important relationships with partners and funders
- Self-motivated, able to balance multiple and competing priorities or deadlines, excellent organizations skills, and ability to track various projects/programs tasks as delegated to event staff
- Ability to manage a budget, detail-oriented, and able to work well in evolving circumstances
- Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with Salesforce and/or GiveSmart a plus
Salary and Hours
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Minimum Hours – Monday – Friday 9 AM to 5 PM with some weekend/evenings required (work schedule can be shifted to accommodate for evening hours)
The benefits package includes paid time off for vacation and health, as well as ten paid holidays. JAF offers group medical insurance, medical and dependent care spending accounts, and 100% employer-paid disability and life insurance. Upon eligibility, JAF also offers a 401k retirement plan with an employer matching contribution.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift items between 5 and 10 lbs. (relating to event attendance and work)
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.