Run the 2021 Boston Marathon with Team JAF and become part of a community of dedicated and inspired athletes committed to raising funds to help provide assistance to patients of all ages throughout New England who are experiencing financial barriers as a result of a cancer diagnosis.
The Joe Andruzzi Foundation is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program. The Non-Profit Program provides over 1,000 Boston Marathon bibs to select non-profit organizations throughout the community. The John Hancock Marathon Non-Profit Program provides organizations with a significant fundraising opportunity and JAF is so grateful to be one of their chosen charities!
Team JAF is currently recruiting charity runners, those who received entries through qualification or outside invitations for the in-person race, as well as virtual runners for the 2021 Boston Marathon. All fundraising by Team JAF runners directly supports the Foundation’s mission.
- Virtual runner: pledge to raise a minimum of $500
- In-person race Qualified and Invitational runner: pledge to exceed $2,000
- In-person race Charity runner: pledge to raise a minimum of $10,000
If you are applying to join Team JAF as a 2021 Virtual Boston Marathon, you must first register for the 2021 Virtual Boston Marathon and be accepted. Once officially accepted, we invite you to fill out our application.
Before applying please review our team’s Terms & Conditions HERE.
All Team JAF Boston Marathon members (in-person/virtual) will receive:
- Invitation to attend Team JAF Marathon events – TBD
- JAF T-Shirt
- Personalized fundraising page
- Fundraising support and guidance
- Weekly correspondence from the Foundation – including inspirational communication about our mission and the patients/families we serve
- Access to a private Team JAF Facebook page – for corresponding with other team members and JAF Staff
- Access to an experienced Boston Marathon running coach and community (CharityTeams)
- Training plans
- Organized weekly group long runs on the Boston Marathon course
- Weekly correspondence with nutrition advice, injury prevention and training tips and tricks
- Access to a community of Boston Marathon veterans
In-person marathon athletes receive all of the above, plus:
- Ability to run the in-person Boston Marathon race on Monday, October 11
- Assistance with Marathon weekend logistics
- Team JAF Race singlet
- Additional JAF Swag
Please note: The Joe Andruzzi Foundation will observe all the health and safety regulations and protocols set forth by the race directors and the commonwealth of Massachusetts.
BAA Covid Guidelines for the race continue to evolve. Please stay up to date.
(Updated: March 29, 2021)
- Participants in the in-person 2021 Boston Marathon will have the opportunity to purchase registration insurance; additional details will be shared prior to registration in April.
- Registration insurance will not be offered for the VIRTUAL 125th Boston Marathon.
- Participants in the in-person race may be expected to produce up to two negative COVID-19 tests prior to Monday, October 11, regardless of vaccination status.
- Official entrants will receive more information in the coming months on testing timelines and requirements.
- All participants are expected to follow federal and state travel guidelines, including any and all pre-travel testing requirements and quarantine requirements that are in place at the time of the 125th Boston Marathon.
- The B.A.A. will continue to follow the science and all developments related to COVID-19 and will modify the event plan as necessary.
For all questions, please contact Gillian O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org